Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hello from Gilly Lane


Hello Everyone!

I am currently writing you from Amsterdam, my training base for the past year and a half. I will be meeting the guys in Copenhagen on Thursday morning, and we will be making our way to Odense to start preparing for our opening match on Sunday against Finland. A tough contest indeed.

I am very excited to be apart of what I think is Americas best team in years. We have youth mixed with experience and the deepest team I feel that we have ever put forth in these championships. All of us know each other well with Julian, Chris, and I currently playing the circuit full time and Preston being one of the best players in US history. We have been around each other a lot and I can tell you that the team will be a closely knit unit. While we are seeded 12th, there is no doubt in my mind that we have a big chance to finish 9th in these championships.

Being around the European circuit for awhile now, I can definitely tell you that America is getting more respect from all the players on tour and unlike before, many teams will be wary of playing against us.

It is an unbelievable honor to represent your country in these type of situations and I know that the guys and myself are going to represent US Squash to the best of our ability. Wish us luck on hopefully a very successful 10 day trip!

All the best,
Gilly

No comments:

Post a Comment